The Junior Doctor’s International Meeting is a conference held at Centro Hospitalar Lisboa Norte in Lisbon, Portugal, formerly known as "Jornadas do Internato Médico CHLN", which provides an integrated approach to essential subjects of daily clinical practice.
This year's edition will take place in November 2017.
It is organized by and for Junior Doctors and welcomes medical residents/interns/registrars and specialist doctors, but also medical students, other healthcare professionals and researchers. The 3rd edition heldin 2016 included more than 500 participants.
Aims and goals
- Contribute to the academic and human development offuture generations of doctors, engaging them in the scientific, clinical and social challenges of their time.
- Offer the opportunity to develop medical skills with our practical Workshops.
- Promote an enriching scientific setting for national and international participants to get acquainted with new developments in Medicine.
- Provide a fair, accessible and high quality experience to the highest possible number of young doctors, while building a worldwide network.
- Increase the number of participants from both national and international institutions.
- Hold more than 20 practical workshops delivered by medical professionals and researchers, covering topics such as “Cochrane Systematic Reviews and Meta-analysis”, “Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support”, "Advanced Trauma Life Support", "Fundamental Critical Care Support ", “Practical course in Laparoscopy Surgery”, amongst others.
- Provide a broad theoretical program delivered by expertssplit in four topics: “Global Health”, “Health Innovation & Entrepreneurship”, “Emergencies” and "Do No Harm".
- Offer a comprehensive social program in order to enhance interaction between local and international participants and experience the best of Lisbon.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Lisbon,
Junior Doctors International Meeting Organizing Committee